Welcome to TyEye.ie
Introduction to the Transition Year Programme 2016/2017
Kilkenny College Transition Year Programme 2016 - 2017
Kilkenny College is fully committed to the Transition Year Programme. We believe it is an initiative that allows students the time and space to develop and mature without the pressure of examinations. Past years have demonstrated how confidence and self esteem are acquired while students develop socially, personally, physically and academically through involvement in a broad range of activities.
During the year the world of work is experienced and possible career choices explored. There is emphasis on self regulated learning and skills that help provide a strong foundation for Leaving Certificate.
Transition Year aims to promote students personal, social, educational and vocational development and to prepare them for a role as an autonomous, participative and responsible member of society.
The overall aims of the Transition Year are:
- To provide the time and space for students to develop and mature without the pressure of examinations
- To build student's confidence and self-esteem
- To encourage students to develop socially, personally, physically and academically through involvement in a broad range of activities
- To provide the opportunity for students to experience new subjects and activities
- To assist students to build interpersonal and leadership skills
- To provide the opportunity for students to experience the world of work and explore possible career choices for the future
- To develop student's life skills
- To encourage students to develop greater independence of thought and capacity for decision
- To help students be better prepared for the demands of the Leaving Certificate
- To further develop student's I.T. skills
- To develop an environment of support and respect within the year
The aim of this site is to provide parents and students with information regarding the Transition Year Programme within Kilkenny College. During the year the site will be updated frequently with photographs, students articles, reviews and upcoming events.
Transition Year Co-ordinator 2016
See the Archive page for older posts